Hazel Ng, RD, CDE
- Registered Dietitian (RD) and Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics, UC Berkeley
- Certificate of Practical Approaches to the Treatment of Obesity, Harvard Medical School
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Certification of Lactation Educator, UCLA
- Member of Academy of Nutrition & Dietetic
- Founding member of the Weight Management Practice Group
Hazel is a Registered Dietitian. She graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in Nutrition & Clinical Dietetics. She worked as a supervising nutritionist at the WIC program and a clinical dietitian at the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. She relocated to Hong Kong, China and became the Vice-president of Diet Asia Nutrition Consultation Center. She authored the first multimedia weight management book in Chinese which had helped thousands of people to achieve their healthy body weight. In 2000, Hazel obtained her Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management and became the founding member of the Weight Management Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics in the US. She is also a Certified Diabetes Educator and a Certified Lactation Educator.
Currently, Hazel owns a private practice in Monterey Park, CA specializes in Medical Nutrition Therapy, Weight Loss, and Diabetes Education. She is a College Dietitian at Cerritos College. She founded www.smarteater.net to provide English and Chinese nutrition information to the public. She actively serves as a nutrition resource for the Chinese community in Southern California through her work with the media and various nonprofit organizations. All the articles in “Nutrition Column” are written and provided by SmartEater Team of Dietitians and Nutritionists.